24 maart 2014

light and shadow




I took some pictures of my youngest sister in which I observe light and shadow, in which I let her be a part of the contradiction between light and shadow. I love light. I love how it plays with shapes and objects. Some simple lines or curtains create the most beautiful contours and images. It is unbelievable. Like another world. When you close your eyes and open them again, the light has changed. Another color, another incidence of light. Light is a matter of seconds, of moments. And of course: what would we be without light? Nothing.
That reminds me of a book I read last week: "Op zwart" by Willem Bosch. In that book the earth suddenly stops turning around the sun, which means that it remains completely dark on one side of the world, in Europe, like night-time. On the other side of the world, in America, the sun always shines. Such a good book, also scary to think of. We need light to live, to be happy. We can't deny. And that's why I'm proud of those pictures I took of my little sister.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Heel mooi, vooral die laatste!
    Het spel tussen licht en schaduw blijft mij ook altijd inspireren tot fotograferen...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen